Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy 101

First, a thank you to Ashlyn over at Miss Magnolia who was kind enough to tag me; I am much obliged! This marks a first for the MT as I’ve never been tagged before. I’m fairly new to the blogging community and this may allow you a glimpse into the varied mind of yours truly. Enter at your own risk!


Award Rules:

List 10 things that make you happy.

Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.

If you are one of the 10 bloggers awarded, link back to this blog and pass along.


My List of Happy:


1. This furry eccentric who allows me the pleasure of sharing an abode. We’ve spent almost 15 years together and every day is a treasure.



2. Cooking with BTG which always proves to be an amalgamation of tasty morsels, fighting off the surreptitious advances of the furry eccentric, improvisation and abundant laughter.


3. Summers on Mackinac Island. No cars, only horses and bicycles. It will add years to your life.



4. Road trips. I simply love to drive. There is nothing quite like being on the road with your destination at a comfortable distance and the ideal travel companion filling time with conversation of hopes and dreams.

Photo courtesy of Hollister Hovey.

5. Receiving written correspondence. In a world where most communication exists in a digital milieu, whether it be lengthy emails or quippy tweets, I adore opening my mailbox to a hand addressed envelope hidden amongst the bills and solicitations from the phone company.


Photo courtesy of Courtney Khail Stationery.

6. Toile de Jouy, especially the more intricate designs which provide a myriad of delightful discoveries upon every inspection.



Photos courtesy of Habitually Chic and Jonathan Becker.

7. Uncovering perfect vignettes which provide me endless inspiration.




8. Afternoon tea. It seems to be something in which I only indulge on vacations. One day when I’m not constrained by my corporate shackles, I vow to take tea regularly.


Photo courtesy of The HiP Paris Blog.

9. The cherry blossom season in Washington, D.C. because it will always remind me of an inimitable weekend.



10.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about Mackinac...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Thanks so much for including me too! I guess I'm going to have to work on my happiness list now!

    ReplyDelete

Inspire me! Go on, I dare you.