Sunday, January 2, 2011

SLIMMING REGIME

Image courtesy of the glorious Nigel Slater.

‘Tis that time of year when waistbands become a bit snug around one’s middle and resolve is mustered in an effort to shed the unwelcome flesh which has appeared over the holiday (or in my case, the past 12 months). Methods are researched and poured over, in some cases with greater care than our university studies in days past, each promising swift and effortless results. I’ve indulged in my fair share of snake oil and though I find a bit more of myself embracing this new year, I refuse to embark on a fool’s journey to weight loss.


This year, common sense will prevail. Planning will prevent last minute pizza ordering, the recipe book will enjoy newfound activity as will my body. It’s quite simple, really. After all, licorice tea is a suitable surrogate for those delectable and charming Scottie Dog confections I devour with abandon.


What are your resolutions for this new year?


3 comments:

  1. Each day, I want to make more meaningful. I want to be kinder, gentler and to take time for a cup of tea. I want to create and atmosphere that is welcoming and fun. Starting clean, eating fresh, enjoying all the tastes and being active....enjoy the new slimmer you!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, certainly to lose unnecessary and unwanted poundage through upping the calories I expend and reducing those that I consume. Also to be more frugal, more considerate of others, and more vocally appreciative of those I hold near and dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never make resolutions, but having consumed more than my fair share of Scottie Dog equivalents over the past couple of weeks, I intend on enjoying longer walks with Edward in January. A fact which pleases him no end!

    ReplyDelete

Inspire me! Go on, I dare you.