Sunday, February 6, 2011

THE BOTTOMLESS PIT

Image from Vogue Paris, by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Today an annual event occurs where sweat meets tears and glory is reserved for only one. It goes by many names, officially and unofficially, and has spawned countless imitations (Lingerie Bowl, anyone?) but I have reserved my own moniker for this beast which has consumed me for the past few months (see above). Today is my day of rest. Tomorrow will be ripe with results and metrics culminating in a crowning of the game’s winner. Oh, this has absolutely nothing to do with football, reader. Have I mentioned I work in advertising? No? Welcome to my world. If I didn’t get paid to do this, I’d shutter myself indoors, run a steamy bath and settle in with a good book and a pot of licorice tea.


I know I have many blog items to attend to since my absence of several weeks and I promise they are coming. I just need to unplug and reboot for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspire me! Go on, I dare you.